The Gift of One Moment
A website for healthcare workers in need of a moment.
You are amazing. You bring strength, courage, skill, and commitment to your work, but like this tree you need support. You deserve support. Maybe you don’t have 10 minutes, or even 5. But you do have 35 seconds.
You are not alone.
- and again
- let your shoulders drop
- choose a video below
- select full screen
- be there in that scene – look, listen, wonder
- 35 secs or just 5 breaths
- come back again
If you work in healthcare right now your work is exhausting – physically and emotionally. You may feel disconnected from your spiritual groundedness – your meaning and purpose, your joy and fulfillment.
No one is going to give you the time you need, so take it – 35 seconds or 5 breaths. It isn’t enough but it is something. A moment to renew you for the next demand.
You will find moments to renew your body (reminders to breathe, stress relievers), mind (reflections on self-care), and soul (scenes of beauty, sounds of serenity, prayer). And occasionally some humor.
- How to Reduce Anxiety QuicklyA quick set of tools from Psych Central, an independent mental health information and newsContinue reading “How to Reduce Anxiety Quickly”
- Stress and Anxiety AppsPTSD Coach Online. The VA has developed free tools available to anyone in the generalContinue reading “Stress and Anxiety Apps”
- Check out Aquarium live camshttps://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams The jellyfish are hypnotically awesome!https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams/jelly-cam And then there are …
- How Stressed are You?Take a 5 minute assessment https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/stress-test#1
- All Grief during Covid is TraumaticWhen healthcare professionals lose a patient there will be grief and all the complexities thatContinue reading “All Grief during Covid is Traumatic”
I am a retired hospital chaplain.
Get In Touch