I’m 65 and in physical therapy. If I don’t stretch my joints they quit moving freely. I become limited.
In what ways have you become frozen like an arthritic joint, limited, but not just physically, maybe emotionally, spiritually? Let’s start with the physical.
Sitting at your desk try one of these:
- Raise your arms above your head, hands grasped, breathe in and reach up for the sky, hold for a count of three, release.
- Repeat and add a big yawn.
- Put your arms down by your side, hanging loose, breathe in, and as you breathe out move your left ear towards your left shoulder. Don’t push it just let it sit there for a count of 3 and return to center.
- Repeat on the right side.
- With your arms still hanging loosely, breathe in, and as you breathe move your chin up to the ceiling and hold for 3. Breathe out and return to center.
- Repeat in the opposite direction. Breathe in. Now breathe out bringing your chin down to your chest for a count of 3. Return to center.
And then maybe treat yourself to some pie! Chewing relaxes the jaw 😊.